Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sundays are the Best Days

Do you consider Sunday to be the first day of the week, or the last?

No matter how I look at it- Sunday is my favorite day of the week.

And it has nothing to do with football. (sorry mom!)

It's because the farmer's market is open on Sunday!! I go first thing in the morning and then come back and make a huge breakfast. It is a pretty good routine. Fall is the best time of the year at the market- in the summer it can be HOT even by 10 AM, but in the winter it's cold. We're really lucky to have a market open all year long, but for obvious reasons there isn't as much available in the winter.

Some of my fall favorites right now...

Acorn squash, spaghetti squash, Brussels sprouts, apples, pears, beets, spinach and sweet potatoes.

Every week I make sure to have some cash on hand for Sunday mornings. A lot of the vendors now accept credit cards, but I think if I used a credit card I might spend way more than I want to. It's easy to overspend when most items come with a price-per-pound.

Today I bought...



A whole chicken, ground beef and bacon.


Onions, tomatoes, potatoes, pears, and apples.


Eggs and cider. I already had the acorn squash, spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes. I also bought a bag of mixed salad greens and a bag of spinach (not pictured).

I'm going to try and stick to my menu this week, and I have a few things planned...


  • Roast chicken with acorn squash and potatoes. 
  • White bean burgers with sweet potato fries. 
  • Vegetable quinoa with a side of spaghetti squash. 
  • Spaghetti and meatballs with salad. 
  • Quesadillas (using up leftovers). 
We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment