Basic Cake Doughnuts
Ingredients (1 dozen)
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/8 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
InstructionsFor the Doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- In a different bowl, combine wet ingredients- egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.
- Use a spatula to scoop the dough into a quart-sized Ziploc bag and cut the tip off of one corner (like a pastry bag).
- Squeeze the dough into the donut pan, filling no more than 2/3 of the mold.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and add desired topping.
- Chocolate Glaze: 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Dip doughnut in glaze then top with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
- Maple Glaze: 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon almond flour. Brush over doughnuts with a pastry brush and top with chopped walnuts.
- Peanut Glaze: 1/2 tablespoon butter, 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter (no sugar added). Brush over doughnuts with a pastry brush and top with chopped peanuts.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Brush melted butter over doughnuts with a pastry brush and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Powered by Recipage