Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a fun time last night and is relaxing today... and tomorrow! Brian and I went out for a five course New Year's Eve dinner with friends at Nage. It was really good, the highlight for me was definitely the Banana Foster Bread Pudding. Yum! A good celebration before I take on my resolutions this year.

Today I'm making something really easy for dinner... that tastes like way more work than it is. Slow-cooked lamb shanks. I'll post an update with the recipe later this week.

Less is more when it comes to making resolutions, so I only have three this year. Two are somehow related to food and I thought I'd share,
  1. Save Money. Always a good goal. I want to be less wasteful when I buy food. How will I accomplish this? Meal planning before I go shopping, which means that I'll be buying only the food that I need, and also hopefully eliminate last minute, post-work trips to more expensive grocery stores. I want to keep meat purchases to 1 or 2 times per week, buy more frozen veggies (which are equally, if not more, nutritious compared to fresh), more dried beans rather than canned, and less eating out. 
  2. Run a Marathon. Specifically, the Marine Corps Marathon on October 28th, 2012. And, more specifically, I want to run it in under four hours. Training starts now! I have some mini-resultions to help accomplish this one, like running 5-6 days a week, strength training, and continuing to focus on reducing my intake of refined grains and processed sugars. 
Oh, and the third would be to stop letting my laundry and dry cleaning pile up :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment