Monday, January 14, 2013

Trip to the Corcoran

Months ago, Brian and I bought memberships to the Corcoran Gallery of Art through Living Social, but we never had a chance to go visit and take advantage of our free admission. When we heard that this weekend was supposed to be nice, we decided to take advantage of the weather and walk down to the museum and look around.

I wasn't sure what to expect, because I know the Corcoran features a lot of contemporary art exhibits. I tend to prefer Medieval and Early Renaissance and then  some Impressionists, so I was pretty excited to see that they had early American art and European art.
Early Ren
Corcoranart
What I was most impressed with, however, was how gorgeous the building itself was.
CorcoranBuilding
Each room was different and it really complimented the different pieces. I loved the paint colors... especially in that turquoise room. The Corcoran is located downtown, pretty close to the White House, and I know that lately they've been facing some financial troubles and are looking are relocating to a new location. I really hope it doesn't come to that!

We spent most of our time in these galleries, and then we headed upstairs to browse the special exhibits before heading home.

I think I was inspired by the warmer weather (it was almost 50) and couldn't stop thinking about smoothies on the walk home.

DSCN1807
Brian had a banana/berry smoothie (frozen banana, frozen strawberries and raspberries, and milk) and I had a peanut butter oatmeal smoothie (frozen banana, peanut butter, oatmeal and chia seeds).

No comments:

Post a Comment