Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes

On Saturday I had brunch with some friends at Founding Farmers. Brian and I went there last month to celebrate my birthday, and I was excited to go back and try their brunch because I've heard such great things. Overall I was really happy with it! I was a little surprised by the portion size… definitely smaller than what they serve up at dinner. I wish I took a picture! I had "Red Flannel Hash" which was a hash made with beets, served with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Yum! 

Later that day Brian and I went to Django Unchained. Yikes. It is violent. Be ready to close your eyes and plug your ears! That's all I have to say.

Todayyy, however, was very fun. After a trip to the farmer's market (check back tomorrow for more details on that), we came back and made pancakes!

Pancakes with blueberries!

DSCN2173

So delicious. I put together a stack with a side of bacon for each of us.

DSCN2175

Yes, that was my plate, and YES I ate it all. And, then I helped Brian take care of his. 

I can't help myself around pancakes. At all.

I always follow this recipe, and I just exclude the sugar. I find it really odd that pancake recipes have sugar in the batter… take it out because you won't notice. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract today. Usually I swap the white flour for white whole wheat, but I went with white today which always makes Brian happy :)

Later that day, I put something simple into the crock pot and let it do its thing.

Steak fajitas with buffalo steak. This recipe is one of our favorites, but I think the buffalo was a little too lean. The recipe calls for four hours on high, which is perfect for all of the peppers and onions, but I think the buffalo would have done a little better on low for eight hours.

I still highly recommend the recipe- it's a great way to get in tons of veggies (I used three peppers and one onion) and they really absorb the flavor of the meat and bulk up the volume.

DSCN2181

Now we are watching the Red Carpet… so far I'm liking Amy Adams. Does everyone agree that Jennifer Lawrence's necklace looks like a mistake? According to Kelly Osborne this backward necklace thing was a trend 10 years ago. Think I missed that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment