Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bargainista

It's rare that lunch beats out dinner as my favorite meal of the day, but that corned beef sandwich was awesome and dinner was not exciting at all.

Brian had mentioned wanting soup for dinner this week, and since we had two containers of soup in the freezer already, I was not interested in making something new.

DSCN2338
Leftover split pea soup (from the freezer), leftover bread (from the market) and leftover green goddess salad dressing from the other night.

Hard to get excited over that many leftovers.

It is very easy to get excited over a good bargain. Living Social has had some good deals lately and I am a huge fan of a good deal. Previous 'deals' include the trip Brian and I took to Cancun, our Restaurant Week trips to Farmers Fishers Bakers and Jaleo, our ice skating date following FFB and our membership to the Corcoran Gallery.

New deal alert!

DSCN2342
I bought some 'diamond' earrings a few weeks ago for $9- which included shipping- and they arrived today. Obviously they're fake, and I think they probably look fake to someone with a discerning eye, but for a casual pair of earrings I think that's a pretty good deal. They look better than in the photograph! I'll have to model them. According to the sketchy website they come from, they have a retail value of nearly $100… I would never pay that kind of money for a pair of fake diamonds, but if the deal comes up again I would recommend it.

In other fun earring-related news, I discovered that the second holes in my earlobes have not yet closed, and neither has my cartilage piercing. It's been a REALLY long time since I've worn either of those earrings so that's kind of impressive.

In addition to receiving a fun deal, I also purchased a new deal today- $10 for $20 at the Body Shop. I love their body butter because my skin is so dry, but it is kind of pricey and I go through it fairly quickly so I bought the max number allowed (3) and I'm hoping to not have to spend any more money on lotion for a year! The deal is still up for a few more days and you should certainly check it out if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment