Monday, March 25, 2013

Chicken Braised Turkey

Another Cooking Light Inspiration for you!

This time, I really had planned on following to a tee. However, there was no chicken at the market again this week which made it kind of impossible to create "Chicken Braised in Wine and Rosemary." After not being able to make it last week (also due to the chicken shortage), I really wasn't interested in putting the recipe off again. Considering that none of the meat vendors have had chicken for awhile, I'm assuming that its a seasonal thing and I'm not sure when we'll be able to buy it again.

So, I bought turkey. Both are poultry, right? 

DSCN2385

The recipe called for four chicken thighs and four legs, I used two turkey breasts. Honestly, I couldn't really tell it wasn't chicken because the sauce was so flavorful.

On the side: rosemary and olive oil potatoes and roast asparagus.

DSCN2387

This recipe is a winner. The sauce is red wine, tomatoes, broth and rosemary.

It was something really different for us… usually if I make chicken I either bread it for chicken parm or coat it in barbecue sauce. I also don't make a lot of recipes with sauces, but this was good and really not that much work. I think I'll add it into the rotation. Does seem more like a fall/ winter dish than something in the April issue of Cooking Light, but I'll take it. 

The rest of the night was consumed by March Madness (FGCU is just so fun to watch!), The Walking Dead and homemade cinnamon raisin swirl bread.

DSCN2389

This morning I woke up and checked the weather/ Twitter and called off my morning run and went back to sleep when I read about cars sliding off the road. In case you are thinking that means we have a foot of snow, here's a visual: 

DSCN2390

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment