Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chocolate Frosty

Unlike yesterday, I actually got out of bed at my normal time and went on my run this morning. It was dark the ENTIRE time. It was also raining, which didn't help one bit. Safety is my first priority, so when I run in the dark I only run along busy, well-lit roads and it's just not nearly as enjoyable as when I can run in trails.

So, that's not super fun. What IS super fun is my new favorite recipe. 

You've seen smoothies pop up on the blog occasionally, and you may have noticed that Brian's are the typical fruity looking smoothies and mine look a little… gross.

DSCN2211

They are not! They are chocolate. And, they taste as good as a Wendy's Frosty.

Chocolate Banana Frosty

Ingredients

  • 1 large frozen banana
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder

Directions

  1. Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well
DSCN2313

The banana flavor isn't really strong- I actually don't notice it all that much, but I think that if you don't like bananas this might not work for you. Other than that, this smoothie tastes incredibly rich and chocolatey. The frozen banana provides enough sugar to counteract the unsweetened cocoa powder- I use Hershey's Special Dark. 

The nutritional facts are so impressive. 

Screen Shot 2013 03 12 at 7 37 19 AM png

Compare to a Wendy's Frosty of about the same size:

Screen Shot 2013 03 12 at 7 39 08 AM png

I've been having one every day :) Sometimes I add a couple strawberries for a chocolate-strawberry smoothie, or peanut butter for a peanut butter cup smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment