Thursday, March 7, 2013

No Snow Day

I'm not one to complain about a day off, but it was definitely a bummer to not have any snow. I had big plans to go out for a walk, take pictures and throw snowballs. 

Last night, the rain/ slush was supposed to start around 6 PM. Then it kept getting pushed off. At 4:04 AM when I woke up to find that my office was closed, there was still no snow. 6:30 AM when I woke up because I'm a weird morning person- still no snow. But, they kept promising it was on its way!

It wasn't until mid-afternoon that everyone began to admit that it just might not come. 

Boo!

I had thought this post would be full of snow pictures. Not gonna happen!

Despite the lack of snow, we still managed to enjoy the mid-week vacation. Around noon I went out for a run. I only saw ONE other runner out there the entire time (although I knew Brian was running somewhere too, so that makes three of us). Everyone probably thought I was insane for running in that weather. It was definitely raining/slushing and windy, but I am so glad I got six miles in. My personal mantra with running is always, 'no excuses.' If you want to, you could find an excuse not to work out EVER. I take days off when I need to, but I try to never skip a planned workout. If the ground is icy or snow-covered-slippery then definitely hold off, but if it's just cold rain, it's a go.

After the run I immediately jumped into a hot shower and then prepped lunch.

Snowlunch

It was such a treat to have a nice sit-down lunch on a weekday. PB&J sandwich for Brian and salmon melt for me. I sautéed leftover veggies from dinner the other night with some garlic to get veggies in and made a fruit salad on the side. 

The rest of the day was productive. I made some of Brian's favorite Sweet Cinnamon Granola and we made a dent our giant pile of laundry.

Dinner was simple shrimp fajitas- sautéed (frozen) shrimp, peppers and onions with guacamole. 

DSCN2287

And then I felt super accomplished by getting lunches packed for today. 

Packedlunch

Leftover shrimp fajitas, fruit salad and granola for Brian. Fixings for a salmon melt, fruit salad and trail mix (peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and raisins) for me. 

Back. to. work. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment