Friday, March 15, 2013

Pinkalicious

Last night's dinner was a repeat meal-

DSCN2318
A super easy homemade pizza with store-bought dough. I used homemade sauce leftover from a pasta dinner last week- I just pureed the chunky marinara sauce for the pizza. I also added fresh basil and mozzarella.

Instead of eating an entire pizza by myself, this time I made a side- beets!

Beets are so amazing. Dwight Schrute is not the only fan. If canned beets turn you off, try roasting them. You can roast beets with olive oil and salt, or you can make them into a salad. I'm a big fan of beets with citrus, so I knew my salad had to have grapefruit.

Beets
Has anyone else read Pinkalicious? She would be a fan.

I made my favorite creamy avocado salad dressing from Oh She Glows to go with. You can make a batch of the dressing ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. I have a whole jar full in my fridge right now- I'll use it for salads. You could also just make half of the salad dressing recipe if you don't want leftovers.

Citrus Beet Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing

Serves 4

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 400F
  2. Wash beets and place each beet on a square of aluminum foil and wrap them up in the foil
  3. Place your foil wrapped beets on a baking sheet and place them in the oven to roast at 400F for an hour
  4. Carefully unwrap the foil and allow beets to cool
  5. Peel off the skin 
  6. Dice beets and place them in a medium size mixing bowl
  7. Dice grapefruit and add to the beets; mix well
  8. Spoon mixture onto lettuce and top with avocado dressing

DSCN2319

No comments:

Post a Comment