Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sleeping In

When I woke up this morning I immediately knew something was wrong. It was light out. When I looked at my phone it said 7:30 AM. This was kind of a shocker seeing as I can barely sleep until 7:30 AM on a weekend and when I looked at my phone again, it said the alarm was off.
 
No idea how that happened. Brian claims user error, I claim phone error- yes, EVERY phone I've ever had has the exact same glitch! So weird.
 
I wasn't able to get in a run this morning, which was a big disappointment because I was not planning a rest day for this week. As I mentioned before, I've been working on waking up a little earlier so that I can get some strength training done in the mornings, so I decided to go ahead and do the ab circuit I had planned to include after my morning run.
 
 

This is fairly difficult ab workout, but you can certainly adapt it to your own fitness level. Maybe start out at 30 reps and work your way up! The leg raises are super hard, so I left them at 20, but when you repeat them three times it adds up.

Here are some quick images, in case you're unfamiliar with the exercises
I've put together a few circuits and hope to share them with you! Since I don't have a gym membership, I do find it a little difficult to include strength training. I don't have any exercise equipment at home, like weights or an exercise ball, so all of my circuits will use your own body weight. I always hated reading circuits in magazines that required various equipment. There is zero space in our apartment for any of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment