Wednesday, March 6, 2013

#snowquester

Last night was full of Snowquester prep.

I grabbed a bottle of wine on the way home.

DSCN2267

My wonderful boyfriend stopped by World Market when I notified him of their buy one, get one free deal on Twinings tea.

DSCN2262

We lit the candles in case the power went out.

DSCN2265

I gathered all of my library books to prepare for a day of reading.

DSCN2272

And I made magical tomatoes.

Yep. The week of Olive Garden continues :)

These tomatoes are seriously amazing. They are roasted in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and brown sugar and they make everything better (which is why they are magical).

You can put them on a plain chicken breast, mix them in with quinoa for a side or do as we did and use them to top off some pasta.

DSCN2260

Magical Roasted Tomatoes

Ingredients

  • 2 cups tomatoes, halved (quartered if using larger than cherry/ grape)
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325F
  2. Spread tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil
  3. Sprinkle salt and then brown sugar over the tomatoes and stir around
  4. Roast tomatoes for 35 minutes, giving a stir halfway through

I love when a simple preparation has such a flavorful result!

At 4 AM the Office of Personal Management announced that the federal government would be closed today (which means everything in DC is shut down). Obviously I woke up at 4:04 AM and checked Twitter because I'm 10 years old. 

Yesterday I informed Brian that if we had a snow day we would be eating pancakes for breakfast.

DSCN2276

The snow is JUST starting to come down now. We'll go out for a walk later and get some better pictures.

DSCN2278

No comments:

Post a Comment