Friday, March 29, 2013

Sweet Treats

Even I like to go a little wild on the holidays!

DSCN2437
Last night, I got things started with a healthy dinner to offset the damage to come.

DSCN2420
Salad with cucumber, tomato, carrots, rice, beans, avocado and shrimp.

I actually did some of the prep a few nights ago,

Easterbark
And I've been stealing bites out of my freezer ever since!

Easter Bark- I saw this on Mix and Match Mama and then created my own version based on what I could find. It was so hard to find normal sized M&Ms in pastels! All the candy this year is egg shaped. I used a combo of 'egg' M&Ms, pretzel M&Ms and Reese's Pieces .

DSCN2436
Very pleased with how this turned out. I'd never tried pretzel M&Ms before, but I used to be a fan of crispy M&Ms and I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I'd say they are somewhere in between.

And now Brian and I are waiting for some very special guests to arrive for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment