Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Week of Olive Garden

I didn't make my typical trip to the grocery store this weekend which meant that I had to stop on my way home from work last night. I was pretty busy all day and didn't have a chance to make a grocery list OR a weekly menu. I ended up just grabbing things that sounded good as I went along. It wasn't until I was in line to check out at Trader Joe's that I realized the meals looked something like this...

  • Ravioli
  • Pasta
  • Polenta
  • Gnocchi

Notice a theme? Whoops.

Brian asked me if I was going to call this the week of Olive Garden. Obviously I am still getting some flack for professing my love for such a fancy joint :)

We started off the week with the ravioli.

I bought some butternut squash ravioli and a bunch of veggies that I thought would go nicely.

DSCN2254

I sautéed the onion in some olive oil, added the snow peas, carrots, frozen peas and sage with a little salt and pepper. I added the ravioli (triangoli?) into boiling water for a minute and then added them to the veggies with a pat of butter.

DSCN2258

Doesn't that look nice?

Well, it WASN'T! Lesson learned, Kim- practice what you preach. Read labels before you buy things! If I had done this I might of noticed that the ravioli contained crushed amaretto biscuits. 

Yep.

The insides of this pasta tasted like caramel-y sweet cookies. I do not recommend them. If you do buy them, I have no clue what you should eat them with. Certainly not vegetables.

It took three pieces of leftover Valentine's Day chocolates and a bowl of strawberries to get the taste out of my mouth! I live a tough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment