Thursday, April 25, 2013

Eating Staples

This morning's workout was a good one. I haven't been doing a lot of running workouts lately, so it was a nice change. I jogged one mile, then sprinted up a hill eight times, then cooled down with another mile. My first two times up the hill were 1 minute 15 seconds and 1 minute 16 seconds, but I knew these times were way off. On my third time up, I really focused on my running and brought my time down to 1 minute 8 seconds- which I knew was more in my range. The first two times up I was thinking about a million other things, so from then on, I focused only on running for the hill sprints and let my mind wander as I jogged back down the hill. I finished the workout with my last sprint at 1 minute 4 seconds. Success!

Last night for dinner we had Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos; delicious as always.

DSCN2929
Even though we just had tacos the night before, I felt like this was different enough… and I had planned it so that we would have leftover tortillas to use for a second dinner, but we ended up needing to make another batch.

I usually make whole wheat tortillas, but decided to go with white flour tonight. When I finished the batch, I wrapped them up in a towel and just placed them on the table for us to grab as we made our own tortillas. So easy.

DSCN2934
Topped with avocado, a bit of cheese and my favorite salsa.

DSCN2933
I was crazy hungry for some reason yesterday, so I wanted a dessert that was healthy and filling.

DSCN2940
A Chocolate Frosty always works!

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos are a staple or fallback dinner for us because I tend to always have the ingredients on hand and we have them at least once a month if not more.

What recipes are regulars on your table?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great running workout--and those tacos look amazing. And the chocolate frosty doesn't look half bad either :-)

    ReplyDelete