Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My First OIAJ

If the title of this post confuses you, just keep on reading!

Yesterday was seriously lacking in good food. I wish I had more snacks :(

I brought a Banana Bread Larabar and I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the PB&J bar, but definitely tasted like actual banana bread. As a second snack, I ate a few cheese stuffed dates at a reception (yum!) and think I might make some of my own variety very soon. 

Breakfast was beyond lame- two brown rice cakes with a banana and a pear. I was in a rush. (Today's breakfast was much better! Keep reading!). Box lunch at the conference consisted of a veggie wrap and a bag of Lay's potato chips. Even if I was okay with eating mystery meat, I would still go veggie when it comes to these kind of things- it looked WAY better than the turkey sandwiches. I ate the chips even though they did nothing- does anyone feel like a mini bag of chips fills them up?

Don't feel too bad for me though. I did manage to end up on the patio at the Kennedy Center when the sun was setting.

DSCN2662

Not too shabby.

I made it home around 9 PM and immediately put together a salad that I had on my mind all day.

DSCN2664

Loudon Lettuce, corn, carrots, shelled edamame, cheese, and leftover black bean and sweet potato taco filling.

I contemplated eating a chocolate carrot with my salad, but decided to go for some homemade raisin bread, toasted with butter, instead.

DSCN2667

Then I fell asleep on the couch watching the NCAA Basketball Tournament. 

This morning I wanted to prep a good breakfast before I headed out for the day

DSCN2680

Oats in a jar (OIAJ)!

I've seen it on other blogs for years, but never made it for myself. Just make oatmeal and then pour it into a mostly empty peanut butter jar.

DSCN2674

I think you can imagine how good it tastes.

DSCN2678

And I'm off! Its 6 AM right now and already 61 degrees so I have a feeling we are in for a summer-like day!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that chocolate carrot is hilarious! It doesn't count if it is in the shape and wrapping of a carrot, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever read the blog, Mix and Match Mama? She uses 'girl math' to work out these kind of problems- I love it!

      Delete