Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Not Much To Say

It's a little tough to write about food today.

I felt similar after the shooting in Newton, CT. It was just hard to focus on anything else other than what happened.

I can't imagine what everyone who was at the race is experiencing. It was hard to watch. I can't help but think of my own marathon, less than a year ago, and how Brian was at the finish waiting for me- just after that four hour mark.

It makes you realize that these incidences aren't that far removed from your own life. Luckily, however, everyone we know who was at the race is safe.

Last night, all I wanted to do was be at home. Dinner was comfort food.

DSCN2775

Homemade veggie pizza was gooey and delicious.

Today, I got in a good run. Lots of people were out in [Boston] blue. Living in DC, terrorist attacks are never really far from your mind. You think about it when you get on the metro, you think about it at major events (like the Marine Corps Marathon) and you think about it at work. My office is only blocks from the White House and my company gives every employee an emergency back pack filled with energy bars, first aid kits, masks and water. I keep an old pair of running shoes in my office just in case I ever need to get myself out of the area on foot. That was a lesson learned after the earthquake when I walked several miles in uncomfortable shoes. 

Other than that, there's nothing you can do. I think its sad that this is our new reality, but I certainly don't let thoughts about what could happen monopolize my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment