Monday, April 8, 2013

On The Go

Yesterday was a packed Sunday.

I was up at 5:30 AM to get in a run before heading out to work.

I packed up some bars to bring for emergency healthy snacks.

DSCN2625

I was so glad I had one on hand when the cookie tray was brought out in the afternoon! I knew we would be having dessert at dinner and I did not want to have two desserts- Larabars are sweet enough to be a satisfying sub!

I actually tried a new bar over the weekend. My parents brought Brian and I KIND bars in our Easter basket and I tried the Fruit and Nut bar when I was in the office on Saturday.
Kindbar
it was good! If you are turned off by the texture of Larabars, you might enjoy this kind. There were whole nuts and chunks of fruit. It reminded me a lot of the Nature Valley Fruit and Nut Trail Mix Bar. The difference? The Nature Valley brand lists High Maltose Corn Syrup as the second ingredient after oats. This one lists mixed nuts first, then fruit, and then sugar.

With such a busy work schedule the first half of the week, I'm really hoping the Cherry Blossoms come out the second half of the week. So far, all I've seen are the stinky trees.

DSCN2622
I don't know what kind of tree it really is, but I was walking over the weekend when I smelled a familiar stench. These trees line Nebraska Avenue over by American University, and I remember how gross they were when I was in college. They smell kind of sweaty. Anyone know?

I've also seen some magnolia trees that have flowered. Cherry blossom watch continues.

Hotel food day one wasn't bad. For breakfast, I grabbed some whole wheat pumpkin pancakes out of the freezer and popped them in the toaster to eat while I walked to the metro.

DSCN2626
I ate a banana too, but there ended up being a ton of fruit on site. I had two pears, a plum and my PB&J Larabar for snacks. Lunch was actually a really yummy salad with toasted hazelnuts, apples and gorgonzola cheese. Dinner was an event I arranged and was at Jaleo! You know that was awesome. Sorry, no pics!

Despite fairly healthy eating, I drank WAY too much coffee throughout the day because the rooms were so cold and it hurt my stomach. One cup of coffee then onto tea for today!

Workouts are going to prove difficult. I ran yesterday, but today I couldn't make it happen and I don't think it will tomorrow either- the times that I have to be on site are just too early and I definitely prioritize getting 7 hours of sleep over getting in a workout. I'm going to try and fit in some at home strength training stuff after the day is over.

And I'm off to another BUSY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment