This week has been one of those weeks. I'm busy at work and have been staying late, have a bunch of volunteer things going on and three evening commitments on top of that.
Obviously, the other night I had to be a little flexible on my meal planning for the week, and we ended up getting Chipotle. Last night I was actually able to get things together and make the dinner I had planned on.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos using up our leftover tortillas. It's a pretty quick meal to throw together and I have a ton of leftovers, which is nice.
After dinner I decided to spend some time getting organized. I always feel like if I have a good start to the day, it helps set the tone, but sometimes I really find myself scrambling to get myself together and out the door.
Prepping the night before helps.
- Put together oats, coconut and chia seeds. Just need to slice in the banana and add milk and pumpkin in the morning.
- Leftover taco filling from last night for lunch.
- Set up my coffee. This is like an above and beyond step for me! Bonus points.
- Vera Bradley lunch box ready to go!
- Frozen mango with Greek yogurt is my new favorite. I love that the mango is cut into bite-sized chunks- why do frozen peaches have to be in huge slices? My current yogurt is actually from the farmer's market. It's plain, but SO good that I don't need to add any honey.
6. Sliced grapefruit. I'm on a big citrus kick.
7. Homemade trail mix- peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. I buy everything at Trader Joe's (great prices) and mix it together. I keep a bunch in a Mason jar in the pantry so its ready to go.
8. Put my watch and road ID on the table in my bedroom.
9. I even got out my running clothes!!! It's not super fun to search through my drawers with a flashlight in the morning (so I don't wake Brian). Why don't I do this more often? It honestly happens about once a month...