Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Week Without the Market

As I mentioned, I did not go to the Farmer's Market on Sunday. That meant it was 100% necessary that I stop by Whole Foods on my way home from work. Luckily it wasn't too packed, but its never super fun to go there after work.

I bought a ton of frozen vegetables- such a great way to save money, a few fresh veggies (kale, asparagus, pepper and sweet potatoes), bananas, Thai noodles, regular whole wheat, some bulk food staples and pumpkin. I'm just not ready to give up my pumpkin oatmeal!

I had roughly planned out the week's menu before I shopped, so I'm hoping that I have enough to get us through the week!

When I got home, I put together a quick meal of Peanut Thai Noodles.

DSCN2547
I swapped frozen shelled edamame (1/2 bag) for the carrots and used half of a bag of frozen snap peas. Just as good as fresh.

This recipe is not short on fat or sugar, but they're natural and healthy sources, so I don't feel any guilt about eating it! It's FUEL. I had been craving candy all day and I think this helped satisfy some of that. Not that I didn't follow it up with a peanut butter bunny (or two):

DSCN2549
Apparently I wasn't the only one craving veggies after an indulgent Easter weekend because I received a dinner pic from this lady,

Mom
She was continuing to support Syracuse ORANGE with her salad.
Momsalad
Apparently my dad was not feeling as spirited because it appears that he requested his half without the orange.

The night ended while reading some more of my library book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. Anyone else read it? I am having some trouble getting into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment