Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday = Friday

Today is my Friday!

Tomorrow Brian and I will be heading to New York to visit his family, so its my last work day for the week. Sometimes that's just extra fun. It's been a few busy weeks and I'm looking forward to a long weekend.

Last night, Brian and I cooked dinner together- he handled the meat and I chipped in a bit on the side.

DSCN2800
We had oven baked ribs with tossed spinach as a side. On the ribs? DINOSAUR BBQ. It makes me SO happy.

There are a lot of great ways to make ribs, but when you live in an apartment without access to a grill its a little more difficult. I have tried every method. Can you tell yet that ribs are my favorite?

Oven Baked BBQ Ribs

Serves 2

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds pork spareribs ribs
  • 2 cups BBQ sauce

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325F
  2. Place ribs in a large baking dish or roasting pan and slather the sauce on both sides
  3. Cover pan with aluminum foil
  4. Bake ribs for 1:45- 2 hours, flipping the rips and re-applying BBQ sauce every 20 minutes
  5. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking

Obviously, this recipe is super flexible. Use any quantity of ribs, any sauce, and really- any quantity of sauce. Just follow the 325F and 20 minute flipping rule. Can't be beat.

And, with that, I am out! I woke up extra early to get my run in so that I could head to the grand opening of DC's brand new Nordstrom Rack. They are so smart to hold the event 8- 9 AM. As a morning person, I really appreciate the opportunity to shop before work!

1 comment:

  1. The ribs look fantastic. Can't wait to try this one. My thanks to Brian.

    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete