Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Where I Run

Dinner last night was a bust. I had planned on making my Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos. I even cooked up a batch of black beans in the slow cooker all day. But, I ended up working late and then had a meeting after work so by the time that was all done there really wasn't much time to make and eat dinner. We ended up going with Chipotle.

DSCN2554
I really can't pretend that I'm ever disappointed to eat Chipotle :) I had a burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, veggies, corn salsa, cheese, guacamole and lettuce. Then I followed that up with some Easter candy. We are quickly depleting our supply!

This morning I decided to drag my camera along on my run so I could show you what I see every day. I ran six miles and felt pretty good, although I think I may have a bruise on my hip where the camera kept banging into me!

The Washington Monument is currently undergoing repairs from the earthquake we had a couple of years ago and you can see the scaffolding in the pictures.

DSCN2556
DSCN2560
DSCN2561
Duck napping by the reflecting pool,

DSCN2564
He was staring me down- he kept opening and closing his eyes so I felt kind of bad about interrupting him.

The Lincoln Memorial is always packed with tourists, even at 6:30 AM.

DSCN2557
DSCN2568
The backside of the Lincoln Memorial is really nice. As you can kind of see in the picture, compared to the front side there are way less people so it's private and you have a really great view when you're up there.

DSCN2575
Bridge to Virginia,

DSCN2573
Some stairs that I might eventually do a workout on,

DSCN2572
Every time I run on the mall or past the monuments I genuinely appreciate how lucky I am to have such a cool place to run and try not to take it for granted. I typically prefer to run in the trails of Rock Creek Park so that I can run on dirt, but this run is definitely worth it.

A lot of people ask me how I like living in DC. It's incredibly different from where I grew up in Rochester, NY, but I really enjoy and appreciate my new home and everything it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment