Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIAW and a Vote!

Yesterday was a big day in DC.

DSCN2928

An Election Day!

I always vote, not matter how unimportant the election seems, because the rule of thumb is that if you don't vote, you can't complain. If you live in DC, you know that it is impossible NOT to complain about our government and city politics, so I certainly don't want to rule myself out!

In addition to voting, I also ate! Surprise, surprise.

Breakfast was the usual- oats, chia seeds, coconut, peanut butter, banana and milk.
DSCN2912
It's back to hot coffee this week. 
DSCN2913
For lunch, I had a leftover Italian sausage from the night before.
DSCN2916
And, this delicious salad!
DSCN2917
So many toppings! Tomatoes, carrots, edamame, pine nuts, cheese, dried cranberries and corn.
DSCN2918
Snacks included yogurt with mangoes and a fruit salad.
DSCN2919
DSCN2926
Dinner was exceptionally delicious. Fish tacos with fresh mango salsa. (I went back for seconds)
DSCN2921

Mango Salsa

Ingredients

  • 1 mango, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 green pepper, sliced thin
  • 1/4 onion, sliced thin
  • 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
  • 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • Juice of half a lime
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving

5 comments:

  1. I always forget about adding chia seeds to my oats. Have to remember that! Your salad looks delicous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep the chia right next to the oats now- I used to forget too!

      Delete
  2. Your salad is so colorful! Love all the toppings =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with toppings! I just saw your blog- you live in Kuwait? I have to read now! That's so interesting.

      Delete
  3. That bowl of fresh fruit looks SO good!! I have kiwis just waiting for me at home and I cannot wait to eat them :).

    ReplyDelete