Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIAW: What I Ate Wednesday

My first What I Ate Wednesday Post!!!

I've seen these on a lot of other blogs, but this is my first time joining in!

FYI, this is technically 'what I ate Tuesday,' but you get the idea.

Breakfast

Venti Starbucks unsweetened iced coffee with skim milk. 95% of the time I make my own coffee, but I was out of coffee pot filters yesterday and had to buy some at Starbucks. I did use my own iced coffee tumbler, though, which means I saved $.10 :)

Bucks
Oatmeal- 1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup skim milk, 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp peanut butter. Aren't oats always so beautiful?! There was a big gob of peanut butter at the bottom of this bowl that didn't get mixed it. That bite was extra delicious.

Photo 1

Lunch

This was an awesome salad- my favorite local Loudon Lettuce blend, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, black beans, goat cheese and leftover buffalo sausage from our picnic last weekend.

Image 8 copy
Grapefruit and kiwi:

Image 9 copy

Afternoon Snacks

Plain, low fat Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries and strawberries.

DSCN2796
Blueberry Muffin Larabar- this was SO good, how have I not had this flavor before? It gives my (previous?) favorite- PB&J Larabars- a run for its money.

Image 10 copy

Dinner

Veggie and rice bowl- zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic and spinach with brown rice and lots of parmesan. I used the veggies that didn't fit on my pizza from the night before, but I was super annoyed to find that my Whole Foods zucchini was going bad 24 hours after I bought it. I was able to work around some of the soft spots- not sure if that's really healthy…- but, I can't wait until I see this stuff at the farmer's market!

DSCN2779
DSCN2782

Dessert

I wanted to try two ingredient cookies (3 mashed bananas and 1.5 cups oats), but I decided to add an egg, 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks, 2 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla. (makes 18 cookies)

To be honest, you probably won't like these. I kind of didn't. That doesn't mean I didn't eat them!

DSCN2797
And, they were easy to make!

DSCN2786
And that's that! I hope I did this right and it links up correctly… I guess we will see!

7 comments:

  1. I make those "cookies" with mashed banana, oats and chocolate chips and the whole family LOVES them...including the kids. What don't you like about them. BTW, I got them from reading another WIAW post from Liv Lives Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've seen they are really popular and a lot of people do like them! I should have been more specific :) I think it was a combo of texture and banana-ness. If they had a bit of flour to create a more cake-like texture, I could handle the banana flavor, but as is the banana was just a bit much for me. I have another healthy cookie recipe that I LOVE and I think I'll have that up Friday.

      Delete
  2. oh yum all your eats look really good - especially that salad..wow it looks good!
    oats are always delicious, always a nice extra treat when you find an extra glob of peanut butter hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got really lucky this week and had a bunch of good salad toppings around... its all about the toppings!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the cookies. I tried them out about a month ago, and they had potential, but I don't think I'll be making them again. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, turns out someone mentioned them above! Haha. :-)

      Delete
    2. I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one! I so badly wanted to like them.

      Delete