Monday, May 20, 2013

15 Minute Lamb Marinade

Continuing with my new theme of trying to relax, this weekend was somewhat uneventful, but I'm definitely getting the hang of it. AKA- I am lazy. When I have to start doing things like grocery shopping on the weekend again, it's going to be quite difficult.

After work on Friday, I came home and crashed. I actually think I fell asleep on the couch before making dinner. So glad I woke up though, because we enjoyed a really incredible meal.

I tested out skinny alfredo sauce from Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life. It was fantastic. I didn't have any broth on hand (need to get on that), so I just used water in place of it and increased the garlic that I used.

DSCN3040
It was really phenomenal. I have never made any type of alfredo sauce before, and I thought it sounded kind of intimidating, but this was a simple meal to throw together. I tossed some pasta in the sauce and added asparagus, sliced portabellas and greens. Topped with more cheese :)

On Saturday morning, I got up and went out for bagels and coffee. Waiting in line at Bethesda Bagel's in Dupont is such a pain- I was probably there for 20 minutes- but, Brian braved it for me when I was stuck on the couch so I definitely owed him a turn. Then, I managed not to do anything for the rest of the day until late afternoon when I headed out for a mani/pedi to get ready for the main event of my weekend.

The All Junior League's International Annual Conference was in DC this year and I was invited to attend the awards banquet on Saturday evening. The Junior League of Washington submitted for an award based on some of the social media work we do, which was executed by my committee. And, we won!

385363 10100528018204097 436319348 n
(That's a cutout of Mary Harriman, the founder of the Junior League. Love her hair.)

Sunday followed with more bagels and coffee, plus a trip to the farmer's market. I am getting really excited to go to the market every week now because more and more things are available. Things I am looking forward to- strawberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches, peppers, green beans, okra, tomatoes and corn. We were lucky to be able to pick up some mini zucchini this week. I absolutely love all things squash/ zucchini, so this was a good one.

DSCN3045
I marinated some lamb and cooked beet greens on the side.

DSCN3049
The lamb was fantastic. Brian has had lamb on his mind for awhile now, and we were happy to see it at the market. This marinade is so, so simple, but incredibly flavorful. I left the lamb in the marinade for just about 15- 20 minutes before cooking it in a frying pan. I cooked the beet greens alongside, and then tossed them in the lamb pan after I took the meat out so that they'd have a little extra flavor.

15 Minute Lamb Marinade

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, diced
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  1. Combine ingredients and allow lamb chops to marinate for 15- 20 minutes before cooking.

DSCN3047

2 comments:

  1. Love the baby zucchini. Just read an article they the best ones still have the blossoms attached!

    A.D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! They sell just the blossoms at our market, and I might buy some to test out- all of the recipes I've seen involve stuffing them with cheese though so I'm not sure you'd enjoy that! Good job getting your name on there :)

      Delete