Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Still Down

Yesterday did not turn out as well as I had hoped, so I'm still down a lung. Friday is the new day to look forward to! I am doing my best to maintain my optimism, and I will say that it's not so bad having Brian take care of me.

Obviously, I haven't been cooking in quite awhile, so Brian has taken over the kitchen.

He made a really yummy pasta- penne, spinach, onions, pine nuts and parmesan, tossed in olive oil.

DSCN2985

AND he went out to pick up some gelato for dessert :)

Salted caramel and dark chocolate.

DSCN2986

For breakfast, a hearty breakfast sandwich with eggs and bacon on an egg bagel (my favorite kind).

DSCN2987

Pork chops were on the menu as well.

DSCN2991

Served with a side of kale chips. Obviously, this is a picture of Brian's plate! He even took over photography duties! I am abstaining from alcohol because most of my meals over the weekend were served with a side of painkillers.

One meal that I made on my own? A smoothie!

Photo 2

It was really easy to throw a bunch of stuff in the blender and press a button. This one has Greek yogurt, a banana, frozen strawberries, peanut butter and milk. Smoothies are my new go-to for super easy meals- you can add some raw oats to make it a little heartier too. Speaking of oats, I've been making a lot of oatmeal as well because its so easy. 

So that's that! I am trying to get out and about more, at the recommendation of my doctor, so maybe I will have something more exciting to report on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment