Thursday, May 9, 2013

Welcome to my Home Office

Photo 3

Yesterday, I completed a whole bunch of work from home and it actually felt pretty good. It has been an entire week since I have been at work, and I'm actually getting a little bored. I did some writing and even a short webinar presentation. Exciting stuff, huh?

Since I did not have any doctors appointments yesterday, I was feeling pretty good (no napping necessary) and even ventured out!

I headed over to Glen's Garden Market to pick up a few things for dinner.It was super exciting. I'm not supposed to be doing any heavy lifting, so I split up my grocery list and will be headed back today to pick up milk.

I also made two of my own meals yesterday. For breakfast I had two eggs over easy with some cheese and bread. I made the meal with one and a half arms (still a little limited with my left side) so it was super ugly and I felt no need to document that with a photograph.

My second meal was another delicious smoothie.

DSCN3003

With oats! Have you ever tried them in a smoothie? It helps to make the smoothie more of a meal than a drink. I once tried adding flax meal to my smoothie and it was so disgusting I couldn't finish it. Oats, however, are not a problem.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie

Serves 1

Ingredients

  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup milk

Directions

  1. Add to your blender and blend until smooth

DSCN3005

Pink and pretty with minimal effort :)

I have a trick for natural peanut butter. I read it in a magazine a long time ago, and it is SO helpful.

DSCN3004

When you buy a new jar of natural peanut butter, the top of the jar has a whole bunch of gross oil. Directions say to stir the oil in, but that is so messy. Instead, just place the jar upside down in your cupboard for about a day before you open it. The oil will distribute through the peanut butter and there is minimal mixing required! Natural peanut butter needs to be refrigerated after opening, so that helps keep the peanut butter from separating after that.

Brian was home to make dinner, and we used some ingredients that I had picked up at Glen's.

Glensravioli

It was really good, these ravioli hold together so well and they are so perfectly shaped. To be honest, they kind of looked like Chef Boyardee. They tasted much better. The ravioli aren't 100% real food- there's white flour and vegan (processed) cheese, but they're perfect for a once-in-awhile meal.

DSCN3013

On the agenda for today- more of the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment