Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Weekend Up North

Another weekend away! Yesterday morning at 4 AM, Brian and I woke up in Rochester, NY and made the commute into DC for work at 9 AM.

We spent the weekend in Rochester visiting my family!

Friday morning we headed from DC to Baltimore for a flight to Rochester. We got in, ate some food and then my mom and I headed out for pedicures. So relaxing! I was way overdue and the nail tech was a little hard on me. She tried to do that cheese grater thing and I wasn't having it.

Feet
No way.

After, we went downtown for dinner.

Image 16 copy 2
It was the early bird special at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. They don't take reservations, so we went really early. Got right in and it was fantastic. I had ribs, mac and cheese and kale. No pics because I was on vacay!

The next day, we had the the extended family over to grill outside.

DSCN3262
Everyone in my family lives near Rochester, so when I go him I get to see everyone. We had strict rules about adults getting sprayed with water. Clearly, they were well followed.

DSCN3274
DSCN3265
Lots of food:

Picnic
Grandma Kober's macaroni salad, Grandma Betty's potato salad and Aunt Lynne's… something? It was delicious, whatever it was! Raspberries and jello mixed together. Mmm.

Not pictured: barbecue baked beans and fruit salad. Both delicious! And, meat for the grill of course.

Everything was good, but the star of the show was Aunt Debbie's Texas Caviar.

DSCN3259
So yummy. Maybe she'll share the recipe? I remember something about sugar and jalapeƱos. 

Sunday was fun as well, but that's a story for another day because I am tired. Last night, we grabbed dinner and collapsed on the couch with it.

DSCN3293
I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Glen's Garden Market and a side of Caesar kale salad. Plus some fresh corn on the side.

DSCN3294
Easy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment