Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday & a Blogger Fail

It's been awhile since I've posted one of these so I thought I'd join in this week

 Breakfast was nothing new. Creature of habit here-

DSCN3235
That's one gorgeous looking oatmeal! In the mix: 1/3 cup rolled oats, 2/3 cup milk, 1 banana and 1 tablespoon each of chia seeds, coconut and peanut butter.

I also had one of these:

Bucks
Homemade iced coffee with milk. I ended up buying another one when I was at Starbucks later with a friend. It cost me more than $3!  At home, I usually make coffee and then pour it into a Mason jar and place it in an ice bath. Then, before I head out I just fill my traveler with ice, pour the coffee in and top with milk. So easy. I try to make extra so I don't have to do this every day, and I just store it in the jar in the fridge.

Lunch was actually new and different today,

DSCN3237
I put the last of my cornbread quiche over a bed of lettuce and tomatoes.

Leftover green beans on the side.

DSCN3238
My afternoon snack was fairly typical, berries and plain Greek yogurt. Sadly, this was my only snack of the day! Not very helpful for the WIAW snacking theme! In case this helps, I was also prepared at work with some frozen edamame. I mentioned that this is one of my favorite snacks to bring to work lately, and I've been keeping some in the fridge at my office for emergencies.

DSCN2796
Those photos look much better when I take them at home the night before. I wish that worked on oatmeal photos too!

Dinner was when the blogger fail occurred. I forgot to photograph it! I thought I could maybe piece together some pictures, collage-style, and hope no one would notice.

I'm not sure it's quite that seamless.
Dinner
The sausage was one of our favorites- it's a buffalo and pork sausage from the market with cranberries and wine. It sounds kind of winter-y, but you can't taste the cranberries all that much, it's just a little sweeter. As someone who hates spicy, it works for me!

Zucchini and kale chips on the side… pretty typical around here.

Dessert ended up being a few squares of 72% dark chocolate on the couch while watching the Season 1 finale of Mad Men. (addicted to that!)

DSCN3241
Then I immediately fell asleep while Brian watched the NBA finals. Those two mile runs are really getting to me!

Today is my last day of work in the office. Tomorrow, I will be heading out (way) before the sun comes up to attend a conference and I have a million things to do before I am ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment