Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Eats

This weekend was delicious.

DSCN3430

Picked up tons of fresh food at the market.

DSCN3432

Went all out and bought raspberries. That tiny container cost $5, but I only buy them a couple of times each summer.

DSCN3433

I have a feeling zucchini bread is in my future :)

DSCN3434

Kale and corn. Can't live without 'em!

DSCN3435

Breakfast links and incredible local cheese.

DSCN3437

Potatoes and peaches. I'm on a serious potato kick these days.

DSCN3438

There are the potatoes, onions and peppers. I always make my hash browns by first sauteeing in a pan (peppers, onions, potatoes and garlic) because I feel like I can meld the flavors a little better. Then into the oven at 425F to get them nice and crispy.

DSCN3441
 
Potatoes and breakfast sausages with some local eggs. On weekdays, I'm all about the small meals and snacks. On weekends, though, I LOVE a big breakfast and this will usually hold me through to dinner with a snack or two in between.

DSCN3440
The fresh fruit made an apperance. Another part of weekend breakfasts that I love. This usually only happens in the summer.

DSCN3428

This pesto pasta was fun. I made fresh pesto using this recipe, but I upped the pepper (and used a green one) and I pureed about 1/2 cup of spinach in too. Then I kneaded up some fresh pasta dough and also stirred in 1/2 cup of spinach puree. Extra green and extra veggies. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment