Wednesday, September 25, 2013

One of Those Days

Yesterday, I woke up, put in my contacts and headed out for my run. The whole time I was super annoyed that I couldn't see very well. I got home and tossed the left one and swapped in a new contact. Much better.

Then Brian starts to get ready for work. He comments, "My contacts are missing!"

Whoops.

The morning continued beautifully. I got ready for work and glanced in the mirror one last time before heading out- I looked a little dull and began stressing about my aging skin (25 is OLD, my friends)- before I realized that I forgot to put on make up. Phew, problem solved. Then I just pranced out the door to work… and left it wide open. Luckily, Brian left a few minutes after me (he usually leaves before!) and saved the day. 

I'm losing it. Probs because I'm old, right?

Lunch to the rescue. Do you know what's good for your brain AND your skin? Salad. Especially one with tons of toppings.

I've recruited Brian to my salad lunches and packing salads for him has reinvigorated my creativity. Now I'm way more committed to making delicious salads with fabulous toppings. It's been fun coming up with the combinations.

This salad is pure fall. 

DSCN3458

Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, diced apples, dried cranberries, cheddar cheese cubes, pumpkin seeds and roasted sweet potato.

So good. I keep the sweet potato in a separate container and heat it up in the microwave before eating. I don't even need dressing on this one because it's so good, but you can make a quick dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon and s+p if you think it needs something extra. 

Good for your skin: Tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries and pumpkin seeds

Good for your brain: Tomatoes, leafy greens and pumpkin seeds

And that's the salad of the week! So far so good…. and many more ideas to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment