Thursday, October 3, 2013

Shutdown: Day Two

This post was written yesterday, but I hit upload and went to work before I noticed that it didn't publish! I imagine everything looks pretty similar today though.

----------------------------------

Apparently, I jumped the gun a bit yesterday and got to the monuments before they were closed, so I decided to go back today and try again.

It looked more like what I was expecting.

DSCN3554

DSCN3556

DSCN3560

DSCN3565

Lots of barricades. And, news crews. And, runners. All of the trails are closed so everyone is on the paths around the monuments. I guess that included the path that I took to get to the monuments. Whoops!

Shutdownsign

Guess who else was there?

DSCN3559

Can you see him? Also (on the other side of the reflecting pool)-

DSCN3568

That fox was hunting some squirrels. These guys might be regulars down there.

Despite all of the barricades, there are still some good views.

DSCN3557

Tomorrow, I'm going to see how far I can get on the trails. Running on pavement every day isn't my favorite so we will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment